Well Water Testing
Protecting Our Clients
KNOXVILLE WELL WATER TESTING
Safety 1st Home Inspection in Knoxville can provide you with thorough well water inspection services along with standard home inspections in order to help you make the best possible decision when you are trying to purchase a home.
The EPA does not regulate private household wells or the buying or selling of homes, which means that there are no EPA testing requirements for wells. However, the buyer’s lending agency may require that well water pass a water quality inspection in order to check for bacteria, nitrate, and lead prior to approving a loan. Some state drinking water agencies may require well testing prior to sale.
The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) recommends well owners test their water at least once per year for bacteria, nitrates, and any contaminants that may be an issue in your area.
More frequent testing should be considered if:
- There is a change in the taste, odor, or appearance of the well water, or if a problem occurs such as a broken well cap, inundation by floodwaters, or a new contamination source.
- The well has a history of bacterial contamination.
- The septic system has recently malfunctioned.
Family members or house guests have recurrent incidents of gastrointestinal illness.
- An infant is living in the home.
- To monitor the efficiency and performance of home water treatment equipment.
Safety 1st Home Inspection collects and handles water samples according to EPA drinking water sample collection procedure. All of our water samples are analyzed by Assured Bio Lab in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Assured Bio Lab is certified by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (#03147) as well as EPA (EPA Lab ID: TN01361)
Call us today to schedule a home or well water inspection today.
Contact us today
Learn more about a seller’s home inspection or to set up your appointment.